Online Bidding with Greater Giving
What You Can Expect
This year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet or computer on auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to your screen. By providing your mobile number, you will receive text messages welcoming you to the auction, when you are out-bid on a package when the auction closes, and more. Call 541-426-4524 x1012 if you have any questions or need help.
How to Mobile Bid with Greater Giving Online Bidding
- Register your mobile number and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event.
- When the auction is open, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder link.
- After clicking the link in the text, begin searching for packages by name, number, or category.
- Select the package you wish to bid on.
- You can Bid the next increment or Bid More than the next increment.
- If you choose to Bid More you can choose to set your Max Bid. If your max bid is the highest, the system will automatically bid in your favor until you are outbid or until the auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, select the Buy button.
- To "watch" a package, select the star icon on the package.
- If you’re outbid at any point before the auction closes, you will receive a text message.
- To view the packages you are bidding on, click the menu button and select Bids.
- To view the packages you are watching, click the menu button and select Favorites.
- Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
- Under the Bids area, you can check your winning packages.
How to Register to Bid on the Online Auction
For the Live in Hope Benefit, you will need to register in order to bid on the online auction. Call 541-426-4524 x1012 if you need help.
The Detailed Steps on How to Register
- Click on this link to get to the online bidding site.
- Click on "get started" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Create an account or log in to an existing account. If you don't have an account already, click the green button "create account" on the left side of the page. If you registered for last year's auction, you have an existing account.
- On the next screen, enter your email address in both fields and click the Recaptcha box confirming you are not a robot before clicking Confirm.
- The next screen will ask you to verify your email to continue registering.
- Check your inbox for the email address that was entered on the confirm email page. The email will be from “Greater Giving Login”. If you don’t receive an email, check your spam or promotions tab. You can also click the “Resend Email” button on the Verify Email page if needed.
- Within the email you received, click the provided link to verify your account.
- The link will connect you to building out your bidder account information.
- Use your email address as your Username.
- Create a password for your account. The password must be at least 7 characters in length and contain at least 2 non-alphabetic characters and 2 non-numeric characters.
- Enter your name and address.
- Enter your phone number. In order to receive text messages from Online Bidding, please include your Mobile Phone Number.
- Enter your credit card information. You will only be charged if you make a donation or are the winning bidder on an auction package. Greater Giving is a PCI-Level 1 Compliant credit card processing company. Your card information is securely stored and then removed from our database after the event.
- Confirm all information is correct and click the green “Create” button at the bottom of the page.
Watch This Video on How to Register for the Online Auction
How to Bid
Register your mobile number when you set up your account:
- You will receive a text message, click the link provided to access our online bidding site.
Browse Packages using the menu:
- Use the ≡ to open the menu for Bids, Favorites, and Categories.
- Favorites - Use the star ☆ to save Packages for later viewing.
- Bids - See Packages that you have bid on already.
- Act Now - Sort Packages quickly by No Bids, Currently Open, and more.
- Use the magnifying glass 🔍or scroll down to search for Packages.
Tap a Package to Place a Type of Bid:
- Bid - Place a single bid at the next increment.
- Bid More - Place a Max Bid. The system will bid in your favor until you are outbid or the auction closes.
- Buy Now - Purchase the Package!
Watch This Video To Learn More
How Do I Receive My Online Auction Item I Won?
You will receive an email and/or text message when the auction closes (on May 15 at noon PDT) informing you of whether you won.
If you live in Wallowa County, you can pick up your items on Tuesday, May 13 from 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM at 606 Medical Parkway in Enterprise. Check-in at the front office, give them your name, tell them about auction pick up, and they will let Amy know you are here. We will bring your item to the front.
If you live somewhere else, we will reach out to you and confirm your mailing address, and the shipping fees, and mail your item to you. We do ask winning bidders to pay for shipping.
Please note in the auction description whether the item you are bidding on is available for shipping.
If you have any questions about picking up or claiming your winning auction items, please call us at 541-426-4524 x1012.
Online Bidding Frequently Asked Questions
How can I participate in online bidding?
Anyone can participate in the auction. To participate in the auction, you must register on our online auction. Please include your mobile phone number while registering for the event. Once registered, you will receive your bidder link via email and/or text message. Click on the link to start bidding.
What are the benefits of online bidding?
- Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
- Bidding can occur at any location, whether you are at home or at work.
- All auction bidding will be tracked and displayed in real time.
- At the end of the auction, the checkout process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system when you registered to bid.
Will this work on all mobile devices?
- Yes, you can bid with any mobile device.
- With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search, and bid via a web browser.
- When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes.
- With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
Do you keep my credit card on file after the event?
- No. You will only be charged if you make a donation or are the winning bidder on an auction package. Greater Giving is a PCI-Level 1 Compliant credit card processing company. Your card information is securely stored and then removed from our database after the event.
- If you don't want us to charge your card, please call us at 541-426-4524 x1012 and we will accept a check or cash to pay for your winning auction item. You do have to provide a credit card to register to bid on the auction.
Online Bidding Highlights
- Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system and for anyone to participate in the auction.
- You are able to use the technology you already know ..... your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc) or computer.
- It is fun and easy.
- You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone.