Taking Care of Your Safety During COVID-19
For several months now, we at Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness, have taken steps to prepare for the COVID-19 pandemic and are doing everything that is recommended by state and federal authorities to protect you, your family, and our staff. We care about you and your safety and are taking the recommendations seriously.
Below is a summary of the modifications to our operations as of October 14, 2020. Modifications will continue to evolve in line with recommendations by state and federal authorities:
We have SUSPENDED the following:
- Visitors to residential facilities
- All visitors to all facilities (Only patients with appointments are allowed in our facilities)
We have made the following OPERATIONAL changes:
- Tele-health appointments available for all programs (in almost all cases)
- Quarantine guidelines for any employee travel, or to account for any type of employee illness in accordance with CDC recommendations
- Daily monitoring for staff and client wellness in accordance with CDC recommendations
- Group appointments will slowly resume as of 7/21/2020 with additional safety measures and protocols in place. Please reach out to your mental health professional to learn about the additional safety protocols and whether your group is resuming and when. We recognize groups can be a beneficial form of treatment for many individuals. Remember protocols and how groups appointments are delivered could change in order to keep you safe.
- Established a COVID Response Team to help you and your family navigate resources for housing, food, utilities and so much more
We have INCREASED the following actions:
- Hand washing
- Surface and room sanitation after every appointment
- Physical distancing
- Assigning individual office spaces for each on-site staff
- Staff and visitors are required to wear face cloth coverings in our facilities and during in-person appointments
- Mobilizing all staff as possible to work from home
- Tele-health appointments by video
- Tele-health appointments by phone
- Working with individuals who are over 60, pregnant, autoimmune compromised or have a serious medical condition like diabetes to set up a tele-health appointment
- Curbside check in by text messaging 541-398-1212
- Mobilizing staff to facilitate access to healthcare resources, sharing how to limit exposure, and what to do if they have been exposed to COVID-19
- And, just calling to check in and seeing how you are doing
Call your primary care provider: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever (99.6) and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing.
If you are not feeling well, you MUST re-schedule your appointment or request a tele-health appointment by calling our main office at 541-426-4524 or the Annex at 541-426-0801.
We have CONTINUED the following services:
- Our office hours at various locations
- Our 24/7 local crisis line 541-398-1175 is available and counselors are standing by for those experiencing a mental health crisis
Additional Support or Help Lines:
SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline, a 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support line to help people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to speak to a trained crisis counselor.
David Romprey Oregon WarmLine, 1-800-698-2392, 7 days a week, 9am-11pm, talk with a trained peer who has experienced life challenges.
- Wallowa Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline, 541-426-5475, to address questions about the local situation and measures our health care community is doing to ensure your safety.
- Call 211 for disaster financial assistance and a specialist near you will help you access services.
- Oregon YouthLine 1-877-968-8491 or text teen2teen to 8339863. Oregon Youthline is a free, confidential teen-to-teen crisis and help line. Contact Oregon YouthLine with anything that may be bothering you. No problem is too big or too small for the YouthLine. Teens are available to help daily from 4-10pm Pacific Time (adults are available by phone at all other times).