Helping to Keep Kids in their Home Communities
Wraparound is a planning process that follows a series of steps to help youth and their families realize their hopes and dreams. This process helps make sure youth grow up in their homes and communities. The youth and family team (people the youth identifies) with the wraparound care coordinator work together to coordinate activities and services to blend perspectives of the family's situation - to achieve the family vision.
It Takes a Team
The youth and family team develops a family-guided, youth-driven, strengths-based plan that will maximize the youth's and family's ability to support the youth in their home community. The team is comprised of the individual's family or youth-identified supports and community partners. The team is responsible for creating, implementing, reviewing, and revising the wraparound care plan. The team meets monthly to review the wrap care plan.
The wraparound care plan includes:
- family vision
- team mission
- action steps
Each team meeting includes the youth with their identified support team and other community partners. Meetings are held at times and locations to ensure meaningful participation by family members, youth, and community partners.
The Team or Natural Supports include:
- church/family friends/natural supports
- primary care professionals
- child welfare
- law enforcement
- juvenile justice
- treatment facility
- driven by families and youth
- culturally and linguistically responsive
- grounded in strength perspectives
- guided by outcomes and accountability
- youth age 0 to 22 (must be enrolled by age 18)
- youth with multi-system involvement (e.g. juvenile justice, department of child welfare, school, etc.)
- youth at risk of out of home placement
- youth experiencing behavioral and emotional issues
- youth with an elevated risk of harm to self or others
- youth experiencing school disruption
You Can Make a Difference
Anyone can refer to Wraparound. All referrals are reviewed and non-eligible referrals are offered appropriate services for their needs.
Meet Our Wraparound Team
Carrise Murray, WRAP Program Coordinator
Jacklyn Jensen, Wraparound Care Coordinator & Youth Case Manager
Brenda Eien, Wraparound Family Peer Support